Meet the Spaceships UK team
John recognised early on that it’s not just about the bells and whistles on the vehicles it’s about the service. For that reason, Spaceships has always prided itself on its staff along with its award-winning vehicle design.
- Nationality: British/Irish
- Position: Managing Director
- Interesting Fact: Holds the Guinness World Record (with others) for most people on a single deck bus
- Favourite Place to take a Spaceship: Golden Cap in Dorset. Wonderful campsite, stunning views and a pub on the beach. What more could you want!
- Nationality: New Zealand
- Position: Sales & Business Development Manager
- Interesting Fact: Can do a great impression of Sméagol from Lord of the Rings and completed the “40-forty” challenge of visiting 40 countries before turning 40.
- Favourite Place to take a Spaceship: Sicily, particularly the coast between Salerno and Syracuse is still my top destination I have travelled to in a Spaceship. Amazing beaches that you have to yourself, friendly people and pizzas and Cannoli that will make you never want to leave!
- Nationality: French (but sounds Scottish)
- Position: Operations Manager
- Interesting Fact: Pretends to be Scottish and once solo travelled to Japan as a teenager to climb Mount Fuji!
- Favourite Place to take a Spaceship: While the Scottish Highlands are amazing, the ski fields of France and Italy call to me! Morzine and Val Thorens are my favourites – easy to access and lots of cheap (£20 a night) places to park up within sight of the ski lifts. No more £1,000 + chalet bills either!
- Nationality: Hungarian
- Position: Fleet Manager
- Interesting Fact: Gabor is a very accomplished kart driver and competes in the London derbies.
- Favourite Place to take a Spaceship: All through Central Europe has some amazing places, I would have to say Ireland. All of it. The Wild Atlantic Way, the Ancient East or the Ring of Kerry if I had to pick something specific!
- Nationality: British
- Position: Customer Services Representative
- Interesting Fact: Jack competes in charity boxing matches raising money for local charities
- Favourite Place to take a Spaceship: Easy, Snowdonia in Wales. Being able to just cut myself off from the outside world for a few days helps me clear my head and feel refreshed. It is a great destination on London’s doorstep.